Sunday, September 11, 2011

Updating the Memory Game...



I guess I'm slightly obsessed with this memory game, after I made the first one I kept thinking of ways to improve or extend the game.

When my Aunt Susan was here in July we went to a quilt store I hadn't been to called Wendy's Simple Stitches in Howell, MI (great place!) and Aunt Sue found the perfect flannel fabric for a new & improved memory game.  The fabric is 'Jolly Jungle Labels' from The Hensley Studio.  The coordinating fabrics are great as well.


Instructions are the same as those posted here with a few improvements:  I ironed the fusible webbing onto the flannel before cutting out the animal blocks and I cut the felt squares 1/2" larger than I wanted so I could trim them after sewing on the animals to get even edges.


I absolutely LOVE how these turned out with the flannel and felt.  Mom made the perfect box for the game and all that is left is to make a 'how to play' sticker and a 'handmade with love (by your Aunt A, Grandma and Great Aunt Sue)' sticker for the inside top and bottom of the box.


Now I need to make another set...

-Alisa

No comments:

Post a Comment